Friday, October 17, 2008

Want to Try this

Crock Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken, recipe from http://kimberlykwan.typepad.com/

4-6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 small bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
hamburger buns or bakery rolls

(seriously...put the chicken in rock-solid frozen!)

Dump all the ingredients into your crock pot, turn it on low and let it sit all day (6+ hours is best). Occassionally mix it all up if you can, but this step is not necessary. Shortly before serving, shred the chicken with forks and mix it back into the sauce. I usually prefer to use fresh, crusty, bakery rolls, but in a pinch, I'll pull out leftover hamburger buns that I've frozen, and toast them up.

* NOTE: When I make this for adults, I like to use spicier or more flavorful BBQ sauces, such as raspberry chipotle, but for the kids, I just use honey BBQ or whatever is on sale.

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Okay, so I am not up to speed with kitcheny stuff ... what is a crock pot? Thanks